Friday, July 4, 2008

Congress

As the title of this blog indicates, I am a working class woman. That being said, when I plan to go on vacation I make sure my desk is clear and all matters that are urgent are taken care of before I leave for my vacation.

What does Congress do?

The economy is in the toilet.

Thousands of families who own homes are being foreclosed on.

The government can listen in on your phone calls, search your property, car or person with a warrant. Ther is a war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The issue with ilegal immigrants is not yet resolved.

The health care system sucks, for those without insurance provided by their employers.

Congress goes on vacation while many Americans suffer with the rising costs of gasoline. When gasoline prices go up.... everyting else goes up except wages.

If Congress had to account to an employer the way most Americans do, they would do a better job. They would have to finish their chores before going on vacation. They would have to get a review beore receiving a raise in pay.

But wait, they do have employers, you and me. My question is, will we hold them to account for the lousy job they have done or will most of the be re-elected?

So here I am "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU".

1 comment:

  1. The whole primary debacle
    is a prime example of
    manipulation, starting
    with Howard Dean.

    The wishes of rank and
    file voters was largely
    ignored.

    This was blatant cronyism!

    ReplyDelete