Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Add Up The Votes Day

Many states had early voting and Florida was no exception. 

I wanted to vote early, but the polling place didn't open until 10 AM, long after I was at work and they closed at 6PM, too early for me to get back to my side of town to cast an early ballot.  Then our good Gov. Crist ordered them to stay open longer and that was good, except, those darn amendments on the ballot.

I don't know about you but I just don't understand "lawyerese", that is the language that all amendments are written in, not plain old English.

I will be casting my vote early this morning.

If you have not voted..do it today.

As a citizen, the most important right to me is my vote.  But it is also an duty to vote.  It is my vote and yours that chooses the President, Senators and Representatives in the Federal government.  But beyond that, local elections are sometimes even more important.  Amendments to our state constitution are important items on the ballot.



So here I am "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU".

No comments:

Post a Comment